Recently, I made a huge adult purchase a.k.a I bought a car! I purchased the INFINITI QX30 from INFINITI of Central Arkansas, and I am seriously in love with it. Honestly, at first I had no idea what I was doing. I had to do a lot of research before I took the plunge. At 24, the biggest purchase I ever made was an expensive handbag, so I was very intimidated. Luckily, Everett was SO easy to work with and made the process painless. I’m teaming up with Everett’s luxury dealership INFINITI of Central Arkansas to share 7 helpful tips for buying your first car in your 20’s!
- Find a dealership you can trust: We all know that some car dealerships and salesman can sometimes come off a little…sleezy. It is SO important to find a dealership and salesperson that you know is looking out for your best interest. That is why I love INFINITI of Central Arkansas and other Everett dealerships. The Everett family strives to make you feel comfortable and absolutely puts their customers first. Rather than pushing a sale, they are 100% looking out for their customers’ best interest. That is what sets them apart from most dealerships, and that is what they call the Everett Difference!
- Do Your Research: Do you have a dream car in mind? I know I did! I started researching the INFINITI QX30 as soon as I saw it on the lot. The most important step is to do your research to find the best deal possible. I looked at multiple dealerships throughout Dallas, Arkansas, and surrounding areas. No dealership compared to INFINITI of Central Arkansas. I love that they show their lowest prices on their website. Again, that’s what they call the Everett Difference.
- Determine Your Budget: It’s important to look at your budget, how much you are able to put on a down payment, and how much you are able to spend on the car note each month. A feature that INFINITI of Central Arkansas has on their website is an online calculator. You can play with it to determine exactly how much you would pay monthly. Choose the car you like and then choose “what’s my price?” to figure out your budget. After determining my budget, I used this feature to determine what my potential car note would be. It was so helpful when I was ready to talk to a salesman.
- Online Shop: Did you know that you can pre-qualify for financing online? Living in Dallas, but wanting to purchase my car from INFINITI of Central Arkansas, this made the process so much easier! You can talk with a salesperson via email or phone. The salesperson will let you know if you qualify and exactly what your monthly payments will be before you ever go to the dealership. Even if you live close to the dealership, you can still do this process from the comfort of your own home.
- Bring someone with experience: Like I said, I had no idea what I was doing or what to expect with the whole buying process. I brought my mom with me for some guidance and a little extra support to help me feel more comfortable. Remember, this is a huge purchase! It never hurts to have an extra set of eyes while taking such a big leap.
- Ask questions: It is a salesperson’s job to make you feel comfortable and cover any and all questions you may have about the buying process, the actual vehicle, or anything else that may come up. Don’t be afraid to ask! During the car buying process, no question is a stupid question. I had the best salesman, Corey King. He covered everything from the forms I was filling out to connecting my phone to the car’s bluetooth before I drove off the lot (the right music was important for my big exit).
- Be proud of yourself! Making such a big purchase in your 20’s is something to celebrate. This means you have worked hard! Pick the perfect song to drive off the lot (mine was “I Like It” by Cardi B.) and celebrate with a joy ride.
Buying a car in your 20’s or at any age is a big deal! Make sure you are prepared for the purchase. I am so thankful that I had such an amazing experience thanks to INFINITI of Central Arkansas. The Everett difference truly made all of the difference!
Car: Infiniti QX30
Dealership: INFINITI of Central Arkansas infinitiofcentralarkansas.com
SHOP THE POST