If I had a word to describe 2018 it would be “growth.” 2017 was a year of big life moments, some really exciting and some really hard. (see that post here). I saw a quote today, by Morgan Harper Nichols, that said “How wonderfully you have grown since January of last year.” SO true. 2018 was the year I took all that happened in the previous year and learned from it. I am walking into a new year stronger, wiser, and way more aware of my self worth than I ever was before. I’m thankful for a year of growth and cannot wait to see what new adventures and experiences 2019 will bring.
While no big huge life moments happened this year, a lot of really fun experiences, sweet friendships, and new beginnings did. Some of my favorite 2018 memories:
- I turned 25! Still crazy to think I am this old. (birthday post here)
- I bought a car. (see post for tips on purchasing a car in your 20’s here)
- I made LOTS of new friends in not only the blogging community, but also friends from college that have also moved to Dallas. I am grateful for every single one of them!
- I watched this blog turn one year old!
- I worked on many exciting collaborations with some amazing brands including Neutrogena, Toyota (posts here and here), Waterloo, Forever21, Shein, Nothing Bundt Cake and Chicwish to name a few.
- I traveled all over with my best friends! My favorite places were Nashville, Vegas, Austin, and Fayetteville.
- I watched two of my best friends get married.
- I watched Steph Curry play the Dallas Mavs in person.
- I went to lots of great concerts including JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE (not over it).
- I celebrated my second New Year’s Eve in Dallas!
As for 2019, I think it’s important to have goals for the new year. Here are a few of mine:
- Take better care of my skin. (Here and here are the products I am using right now and loving.)
- Eat better. One of the most cliche New Years resolutions but it’s an important one!
- Learn to cook/try new recipes.
- Workout consistently. (This one starts bright and early tomorrow!)
- Make a budget.
- Learn how to make a budget.
- Dance more. For years, I danced almost every day. I miss it terribly. The best memories and workout ever.
- Practice patience.
- Spend more time in prayer.
- Stay organized in all aspect of life.
What goals do you have for 2019? Here’s to hoping this is our best year yet!
SHOP THE POST